From 1,000 Vegan Recipes
- 1 TB canola or grapeseed oil
- small bunch scallions
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (13.5 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the scallions, cover, and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Stir in crushed red pepper to taste, if using. Add the kale, stirring to coat.
2. Pour in the coconut milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Cook for 5 more minutes to blend flavors. Serve immediately.