From Simply In Season
- ½ c. soy sauce
- ½ c. dry sherry or broth
- ¼ c. rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 3 TB brown sugar
1. Bring to a boil in a medium saucepan. Simmer 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 2 cakes firm tofu
2. Place in a single layer in an ovenproof pan. Pour marinade over the tofu and set aside for 10 minutes or more. Occasionally turn tofu squares over. Drain, reserving remaining marinade.
- 2 TB peanut oil
3. Sprinkle over tofu. Broil for 4 minutes then turn squares over. Continue broiling until tofu is golden brown, another 3-4 minutes.
- 6 c. kale, coarsely chopped
- 3 TB ginger root, peeled and minced
4. While tofu broils, in a large frypan saute in 2 TB peanut oil over high heat until kale wilts, stirring constantly.
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of ground red pepper (optional)
5. Add and remove from heat. When tofu is browned, gently toss with cooked kale and as much reserved marinade as desired. Serve on hot rice topped with toasted cashews or peanuts.