- Heat the oven to 350.
- Scrub 4 beets, then cut in half and then into thin half rounds. Toss with olive oil, salt and black pepper and place in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a large cast iron skillet.
- Roast until the beets are browned on one side, then flip them and cook another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a dressing with 2 T. each prepared horseradish, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Add 1/4 C. of plain yogurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Separate the leaves of 1 head of frisee. Set aside any darker green outer leaves for cooking, and use the lighter colored inner ones. Soak in water and rinse carefully to remove any grit.
- Spin the frisee to dry and place in a large bowl. When the beets are done, toss them directly into the bowl with the frisee and toss to combine. The frisee should wilt a bit. Add the dressing a little at a time until it coats the greens lightly.
To make this a more substantial salad, add croutons and/or chopped hard boiled eggs.