- ½ lb carrots, peeled and grated (about 3)
- ½ lb kohlrabi or turnip (about 1 medium-large), peeled and grated
- 1-2 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, Spitzenberg or Pink Lady, quartered and cored
- ½ lb beets, peeled and grated (about 3)
- ¼ cup safflower or grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar, warmed
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley or celery leaves, torn
- Combine carrots, kohlrabi, apple and beets in a salad bowl.
- Whisk oils, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Add parsley leaves; toss again.