From CSA member Barb Green
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 or 2 cayenne or Thai chilies (split open, seeds remaining)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 2 medium kohlrabis (1 pound), peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- Kohlrabi leaves, rib removed and cut into strips
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 large tomato peeled and chopped (or 14 oz. can)
- 1 T tomato paste
- 3 cups stock
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil. Stir in turmeric, coriander, cumin, chilies, and onion. Sauté on medium heat until onion browns – about 8 minutes.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and sauté another 5 minutes.
3. Add kohlrabi, chickpeas, and stock. Cover and cook until kohlrabi becomes tender – about 10 minutes.
4. If using kohlrabi greens add in the final 5 minutes of cooking.